Design and Display
The Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro is reminiscent of the design of the Xiaomi Redmi K30 Pro, and this in turn provides connoisseurs with a rather family-friendly Xiaomi mobile phone. The one and only dissimilarity here is the Poco labelling on the back. The design on this smartphone consists of Gorilla Glass 5 at the front, Gorilla Glass 5 at the back, and aluminum frame.
The back panel is home to a circular camera module, which comprises four cameras. Just below primary camera is a camera flash, and below the camera, the Poco labelling is flash, as well as some of writings describing its model. We have a 6.67-inch Super AMOLED display, a 60Hz refresh rate, a screen resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels, and a display density of 395 PPI.
Hardware and Software
As mentioned throughout the opening chapter, the Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro bears the legacy of the Poco F1. It falls within the same category as the Realme X50 Pro 5 G, a category that has been named the flagship killer category.
The Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Processor and Adreno 650 Graphics Processing Unit are located under the hood of the Poco F2 Pro.
The RAM available options on this Android phone include 6 GB LPDDR4X and 8 GB LPDDR5. You can also use either 128 GB UFS 3.1 storage or 256 GB UFS 3.1 storage. Please bear in mind that this smartphone does not support the expansion of storage via Micro-SD.
On the software side, you’ve got the MIUI 11 user interface running on the 10.0 Android operating system.
The cameras are also going to take after Redmi K30 Pro. You’ve got the same quad rear cameras and then the same pop-up selfie camera with the same sensors and features.
The back camera setup includes a 64MP main camera, a 5MP telephoto / macro camera, a 13MP ultra-wide camera, and a 2MP deep camera. This rear camera enables us to record 8k video, a feature we’ve seen on top players like the Samsung’s Galaxy S20 Ultra and Xiaomi Mi 10 5 G
You can also get recorded video at 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps, 1080p@960fps. Photographs can be acquired in HDR and Panorama mode.
Selfies are powered by a 20MP pop-up selfie camera capable of 1080p video recording at 30fps and 720p videos up to 120fps.
Availability and Price
The price of the Poco F2 Pro begins at around $542 for the peak 6GB/128 GB variant. The value is 211,380 Naira, 57,853 Kenyan shillings as well as 3,121,92 Ghanian Cedi. The maxed 8GB/256 GB version is $650, which is approximately 253,500 Naira, 3,744 Ghanian Cedi & 69,381 Kenyan currency. The Poco F2 Pro was revealed on 12 May 2020 and is scheduled to go on sale to May 19, 2020.
It’s available in Neon Pink, Phantom White, Electric Purple, and Cyber Gray.
The Xiaomi Poco F2 pro has a 3.5 mm headphone jack and a USB Type-C port. Also it features NFC, Bluetooth 5.1 and dual-band Wi-Fi.
Kudos to its 5 G support, aficionados can download, send and stream content at 5 G rates of speed given they obtain 5 G in their area.
- Platform: Android 10: MIUI 11
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Memory: 6GB (LPDDR4X) / 8GB (LPDDR5) RAM
- Colours: Neon Blue, Phantom White, Electric Purple, Cyber Gray
- Dimension: 163.3 x 75.4 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 219 g
- SIM Type: Nano
- SIM Count: Dual
- Display: 6.67-inches, Super AMOLED Capacitive Touchscreen, 1080 x 2400 Pixels, 395 PPI
- Screen Protection: Gorilla Glass 5
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64MP (Wide) f/1.9 + 5MP (Telephoto Macro) f/2.2 + 13 MP (Ultrawide) f/2.4 + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED Dual-tone flash, HDR, Panorama, 8K@24/30fps, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps, 1080p@960fps; gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 20MP (Wide) Camera, HDR, 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 256GB, UFS 3.1
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: –
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41
- 5G: 77, 78 Sub6
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type-C, reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- Maps: –
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Under Display)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: –
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 4700 mAh Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, 30W, 100% in 63 min